- Remove tape from the weapon tip.
- Using a GOOD mirco / jeweller's screwdriver, remove the first screw from the tip barrell (NOTE: these screws are often soft and can be easily damaged if too much force is applied or if you use a worn screwdriver. A set of these tools can be purchased for less than $15.)
- Keep the tip depressed as you remove the second screw from the barrel (there is a spring under the tip).
- Remove the tipand spring from the barrel.
- Using rubbing alcohol and some Q-tips, clean out the inside of the barrel (the 1st pass will be very dirty - the 2nd or 3rd pass should be quite clean).
- * DON'T put a dirty Q-tip end back in the barrel - this will spread grime around, not remove it.
- Reassemble the barrel in the reverse order (step 4 to 1), remembering to compress the tip for the first screw, and that the screws are soft.
- Retape the tip