- Nov 26: Thanks to all who attended the Boston Pizza fundraiser, and to Shawn Davies for leading the charge. We raised nearly enough to purchase a second wireless system so look for it in the new year.
- Sunday Dec 2: All weekday trainings are as per usual this week but there is no Saturday class. Also, Sunday's competitive class will start at 1 pm due to Coach Marks being in Chicago for a Superyouth tournament.
- Sunday, Dec 16: w:e will be holding our white elephant gift party, so watch out for this little Hannukamas or Chrismakkah event.
- Nov 24-25: This past weekend several athletes participated in the Vango Young Dragons event, and SFO athletes brought home 8 medals. (Not all results were posted.) See some photos on the photos page; thanks to the parents who submitted them!
- Y8 mixed foil: Declan Johnson and Ashley Davies 3rd
- Y8 women's foil: Ashley Davies 2nd
- Y8 Men's foil: Declan Johnson 2nd
- Y10 men's foil: Eric Cao unknown
- Y12 men's foil: Spencer Orr, 1st
- Y12 women's foil: Ellie Davies 5th
- Y14 men's foil: Greg Weise 1st, Blake DeGroot 3rd, Spencer Orr 3rd, Euan Peterson unknown
- Y14 women's foil: Ellie Davies 5th.
All trainings are as usual this week, despite Coach Darren being at Vango on Sat/Sunday. Coach Gareth will take the competitive and elite training on Sunday 10-1 pm. In other words, come because it is a good chance to bout with him as well as train as per usual.
Remember the Boston Pizza Party is Monday, tickets in advance or at door - let Shawn Davies know asap. Starts at 5 and the food keeps coming.
A Very good weekend for SFO: 2 silver, three bronze and 5 top 12 results, and a few first time-evers.
Y12 men: 6th Orr; 27th Bernard; and May 29th.
Y12 women: 2nd Davies
Y14 men: Wiese 3rd, DeGroot 9th; Orr 11th and Peterson 25th.
Y14 women: 13th Davies, 25th Lang.
Cadet men: 2nd White-Roy; Wiese 7th and DeGroot 12th.
Jnr men: White-Roy 3rd, Quong 16th, and Wiese 21st.
Senior men: Marks 5th; and White-Roy 13th.
Veteran's men: Bell 3rd
ALERT due to the heavier than expected snowfall, coach D has cancelled training tonight. Stay safe, everyone.
A reminder that there are no fencing classes the weekend of Nov 17-18 as most fencers and all coaches will be at the Brock Open tournament in St. Catherines.
Minifence makeup classes for this weekend and the Sunday missed for Thanksgiving are schedules for Dec 2 and 9.
Our Boston Pizza Booster Party is Monday, Nov 26. See parent rep Shawn Davies for tickets; he'll be at the club starting Nov 11. Tickets cost $20/adult, $10/child under 12 - all you can eat pasta, pizza, those spicy chip things. There will be door prizes and raffles! It's always a lot of fun, and a great opportunity to meet everyone and generate some extra funds for the club.
Just a reminder as we ramp up the tournament season, that SFO requires all parents to participate in the Respect in Sport Parental training. Please finish up, or start if you have not. This training ensures that we all, from coach, athlete and parent/family member, know the expectations of the club regarding fair play and communication.
Our moms taught us to share. Let us know if you have news to share too.