All members are welcome.
Two relevant things for members to consider before the meeting:
Stratford Fencing Ontario (SFO) exists to promote the sport of fencing in Stratford Ontario, Canada and wider. It exists to promote the healthy benefit of sport in our members, coaches and community. It strives to ask members to become their best self; and, actively works to be a location of excellence of intention, habit and execution including physical, emotional and moral realms. As such, SFO is committed to be a place of compassionate community in which sport excellence is but one manifestation of a deeper commitment to each other.
1. A member of SFO is defined as a person who pays fees, monthly or sessional, to SFO or a person who has fees paid in lieu for service. In the case of minors, one parent or legal guardian is a voting member for the purposes of the AGM. In the case of multiple minors being members, parents or legal guardians still have but one vote at the AGM.
2. All members, or their parent/guardians, are required to take Respect in Sport training within one month of joining. Failure to do so will result in membership being withheld. Those with an equivalency determined by the BoD are exempt.
3. Coaches and Board members are, de facto, voting members of SFO despite not paying fees.
4. Members of SFO are bound to our published Code of Conduct, including that for parents or guardians.
5. Failure to make monthly payment for two consecutive months shall preclude membership rights until payment is made.
6. In the case of sessional members, membership is current only while sessional payments are covered. At the end of the session, membership ends.
If you wish to attend but cannot, you may appoint a proxy vote in asigned letter to the secretary Julie White-Roy on the day of the AGM.