1. On Oct 15th, Darren will be in the club to do some armoury for those needful of such things. I apologize for short notice (we will do a longer training when things calm down with tournaments) but this is the best I can do.
2. There is NO competitive or elite training on Sunday due to the Sunday foil tournament in Toronto but beginners and minifence runs as per normal .
3. FIE BF whites or Blue wired Blades: Our good friend from Allstar/Uhlmann can sell us FIE BF white or blue blades, wired with Allstar tips, for last year's price of 119$ USD all in. I will see Ralf in Vancouver, so if you want to buy one- I will have them brought back. The exchange on this is 165$ whereas the same blade in Canada is now over 200$ CDN.
And speaking of the tournament: Please not the following announcement from the OFA:
The end of registration for the Cadet Women's Saber, Cadet Women's Foil, Cadet Men's Saber and Cadet Men's Foil events has been moved to 8:00 a.m. instead of 8:30 a.m. as originally scheduled.
An individual note will be sent to all athletes entered in a cadet event.
Food & Drink
Please bring your own food and drink.
No food & drink will be sale.
Many referees for youth events will be referees in training.
For the most part, they are young and are also older athletes.
The OFA supports and encourages all young athletes who want to get involved in the fencing community in Ontario in a serene and safe environment, so it will be forbidden for all spectators, parents, coaches to have an inappropriate and disrespectful attitude towards an official and will be excluded from the competition.
If this is your child's first competition, here's what to do when you arrive at the venue.
- Go to the Directoire Technique (DT) to check in (5/10min)
- Go to the Weapon Check to check your equipment (10/15 min)
- You are ready to get dressed and start your warm-up!
- Do not forget to have fun!