Return to Training: We resume training Tuesday 6th of August at 6 pm for the elite, 7 pm for the competitive group and bundled pre-elite. Pre-elite start on the 7th at 630 pm. The following schedule is proposed:
- Monday: 3-5 Elite private lessons (to be scheduled); 7-9 Adult classes
- Tuesday: 6-9 Elite, 7-9 competitive and bundled pre elite (note 6 pm start on Tuesday).
- Wednesday: 6:30-8:30 pm Pre-elite (note extension of time)
- Thursday: 5-9 Elite, 7-9 competitive and bundled pre elite (note 5 pm start on Thursday).
- Saturday: 930-1130 Elite (schedule permitting)
- Sunday: 10-1 Elite, 11-1 Competitive and Pre-elite bundled, 1-3 beginner, 3-4 minifence.
- Private lessons will be sorted out as we find everyone's schedules.
Competition Schedules 2022-23: It looks as if we will have a more or less normal competitive season and by the end of next week, I will have a draft of all known competitions in Ontario, Canada and the USA. It will, for those of you unfamiliar, be coded to the various developmental points of our athletes so you can plan accordingly. We heard just yesterday proposed dates for the Canadian national circuit. There is a knock on effect as these take priority in terms of schedule for provincial and local tournaments.
Club Awards 2022: We will host our annual club awards on Saturday 10th September from 4-6 pm. We will do a pizza or other order (on your dime) and celebrate the success of our athletes from the previous year. We will also hold a raffle for a Uhlmann FIE mask (value 280 Cdn) with all proceeds going to Ewan Peterson as he starts his university career. We have a tradition of sending a small bursary for all our university athletes from the club. See the pic attached. Tickets are $10 each. Or if you are particularly smitten (it is a medium size), you can buy it straight up for $250 - proceeds to Ewan.
Finally, we are expecting everyone to return unless you have decided not to do so. We have a waiting list of athletes in our programs, so please let us know if your child has decided to take a break and we can admit accordingly/assign lockers and so forth. There may be movement from competitive/pre -elite to elite, but we will chat accordingly.
See you all very soon.
Darren and Robyn