We are heavy in camps and while additional costs - these are really great places for athletes to fence and train in a non competitive environment with those they will fence in competitions. As such, aside from the concentration and friendship, they really accelerate development and confidence. Please do consider doing as much as possible.
1. All training is as usual Feb 20-25 (including Saturday).
2. March Break 1: We will be joining JinKO Fencing Club in Markham for part of the March Break, if you wish. On the Thursday and Friday (16th and 17th March), we will be able to join their camp for 50$ per day, payable on the day in cash. Darren will be coaching, and it is a great opportunity to fence outside of our club without the pressures of competition.
3. March Break 2: SFO will hold camps as follows - there is NO evening training.
- Monday 13th ALL day from 930-4 pm.
- Tuesday 14th: Half Day from 1 to 430 pm
- Wednesday 15th: 9-12 noon.
- Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th are normal fencing times.
- There is NO fencing on the weekend of the 11 and 12th March.
LOOKING FURTHER AHEAD:
1. FCC Toronto: April 6 to 9th, the OFA is hosting a foil and epee camp at Vango Fencing in Markham in association with Future Champions Camp. We will be joined by world champion, present world number 2 (he was number one for three years) Alessio Foconi and former Olympic Silver Medallist, Italian national and now Maestro Stefano Barrera and others. This is a great camp, and registration is via the flyer attached or link below. Don't miss this opportunity. Coach Marks will also be coaching. For those considering Italy, it is a chance to experience what we do in Italy with our extended fencing family.
2. Italy Tirrenia: Please let Darren or Robyn know if you are considering this, and see the registration accordingly. Spots fill up quickly and the link below will link to the camp.